Stream your files with VLC
Play your files with VLC streaming
Please notice that some file format can't be play with VLC. We advice to use XBMC instead of VLC. http://wiki.seedbox.fr/index.php/How_to_set_up_XBMC_with_your_Seedbox
- First, you need to download this software.
- Please visit official VLC website :
- Choose the one that suits to your system.
- Install it as you usualy do with others software
- To stream files with VLC, you need to use your ftp server as database.
To do this,
- Open your Webbroswer, then
- Access to your server with this direct link:
- Login : Your FTP login
- pass : Your ftp password
- Your server URL : Your servername without http or ftp.
- These details are available from your manager in Additional Services section.
- Choose FTP service.
- Choose the file you want to play by copy the link address.
- Then, go to VLC, in Media menu, select Open Network Stream
A new window opens:
- Paste your link selection into address bar.
- Click on Play.
- Some files format can be not available with VLC.
- In this case, you can use XBMC media Player.
To downlaod and configure XBMC, please follow this link :